|Ответить | Перейти к списку сообщений | Предыдущее сообщение | Следующее сообщение | Предыдущее в ветке | Следующее в ветке|
Cavers Mailing List № 16779
Fwd: NCKRI cave and karst news and announcements
Автор: Bulat Mavlyudov
Дата: 18 Aug 2017
content-type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
-------- Пересылаемое сообщение --------
От кого: George Veni
Кому: George Veni
Дата: Пятница, 18 августа 2017, 7:07 +04:00
Тема: NCKRI cave and karst news and announcements
First I wish to thank the organizers of the 17 th International Congress of Speleology that was held last month in Sydney, Australia. It was a
splendid event! Look for more news about it in the upcoming UIS Bulletin, which will be posted in a couple of months at http://www.uis-speleo.org/ . The congress has now visited five of the seven continents, and we look forward to visiting Africa and maybe even Antarctica some day too! The 18 th Congress will be held in 2021
in Lyon, France, the country that hosted the first congress in 1953. More information on that congress will be available in about a year.
Second, below are the latest news items and announcements:
· Sinkhole Conference Abstract Deadline Has Been Extended!
· 10th Venezuelan Conference of Speleology
· EuroKarst now accepting abstracts
· List of Upcoming Cave and Karst Meetings
Details are below. As always, please feel free to share this message with anyone who may be interested.
Sinkhole Conference Abstract Deadline Has Been Extended!
The Multidisciplinary Conference on Sinkholes and the Engineering and Environmental Impacts of Karst , “The Sinkhole Conference,” is the longest-running
international conference of its type. Since 1984, engineers, geologists, hydrologists, land managers, biologists, and many others have gathered at these meetings to exchange cutting-edge information on karst and its many benefits and challenges. In consideration
of summertime vacations, the abstracts deadline has been extended to the end of this month, 31 August 2017. Subsequent deadlines remain unchanged. Submission of full papers (for approved abstracts) will open on 1 September and close on 1 October 2017. The
papers of past Sinkhole Conferences have made those proceedings highly sought and widely cited. We expect the proceedings of the upcoming meeting will be the best yet.
The Sinkhole Conference is managed by the National Cave and Karst Research Institute and this next conference is jointly organized with the Karst Waters
Institute. Additionally, the conference will include the 3 rd Appalachian Karst Symposium to make for a truly special event.
The 15 th Sinkhole Conference will occur on 2-6 April 2018 at the National Conservation Training Center in Shepherdstown, West Virginia, USA, about
a 1.5-hour drive from Washington, DC. The conference circular, which is a convenient summary of the conference, is available from http://www.sinkholeconference.com/ ,
where all other conference details can also be found. To submit your abstracts and for instructions on preparing them, see http://www.sinkholeconference.com/abstract-and-paper-submissions-notification-content .
On behalf of the 15 th Sinkhole Conference Organizing Committee, we look forward to receiving your abstracts and seeing you in Shepherdstown next
10th Venezuelan Conference of Speleology
The 10th Venezuelan Conference of Speleology - A Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Venezuelan Society of Speleology (SVE), will occur on Thursday, October 5th,
2017 from 8:30am to 6pm at the Central University of Venezuela. People interested in participating as presenters, please send an abstract before September 5th to . Also contact this address for general inquiries, or visit www.sve-espeleologia.org.ve .
EuroKarst now accepting abstracts
EuroKarst offers a platform for professional exchanges between field practitioners and academic researchers. It is the European bi-annual conference on the Hydrogeology
of Karst and Carbonate Reservoirs. It is organized every two years by the Universities of Neuchâtel (Switzerland), Besançon (France), and Malaga (Spain). The next EuroKarst will be held in Besançon, France, on 2-6 July 2018. Abstracts are now being accepted until 1 October 2017. For more information see http://www.eurokarst.org/ .
List of Upcoming Cave and Karst Meetings
1) 11th Balkan Caving Camp , 28 August – 3 September 2017 (Leonidio, Greece), https://archive.org/details/11thBalkanCaversCamp2017 or https://www.facebook.com/11th-Balkan-Caving-Camp-2017-in-Leonidio-301383733616075/
2) 11 th EuroSpeleo Forum , 15-17 September 2017 ( Ferrières,
3) Biospeleology Conference , 21-23 September 2017 (Seville, Spain), https://5encuentrobssevill.wixsite.com/veibs
4) 44 th International Association of Hydrogeologists Congress ,
25-29 September 2017 (Dubrovnik, Croatia), http://iah2017.org/
5) National Cave and Karst Management Symposium , 16-20 October 2017 (Eureka
Springs, Arkansas, USA), http://www.nckms2017.com/
6) British Cave Research Association 28 th Cave Science Symposium ,
20-21 October 2017 (Leeds, UK), website to be announced.
7) Geological Society of America Convention , 22-25 October (Seattle, -Washington,
8) International Conference on Geomorphology , 6-11 November 2017 (New
Delhi, India), karst session, http://www.icg2017.com/session.php
9) Workshop: Grotte de Han, New Dramatic Effect of Lighting ,
16-18 November 2017 (Han-sur-Lesse, Belgium), .
10) To Know and Share Caves and Karsts: Understanding, Conservation, and Geotourism ,
6-9 March 2018 (Ardèche, France), https://dhuguet.wixsite.com/cavesymposium2018
11) The Sinkhole Conference, joint with the 3 rd Appalachian Karst Symposium ,
2-6 April 2018 (Shepherdstown, West Virginia, USA), http://www.sinkholeconference.com/
12) EuroKarst 2018 , 2-6 July 2018, (Besançon, France), http://www.eurokarst.org/
13) 18 th International Vulcanospeleology Symposium , 21-27 July
2018 (Lava Beds National Monument, California, USA), http://www.vulcanospeleology.org/sym18/ISV18.html
14) EuroSpeleo Forum 2018 , 23-26 August 2018 (Ebensee, Austria), http://eurospeleo.at/expo.html .
15) 24 th International Conference on Subterranean Biology ,
20-24 August 2018 (University of Aveiro, Portugal), http://24icsb.web.ua.pt/ .
George Veni, PhD
President, International Union of Speleology
National Cave and Karst Research Institute
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215 USA
Прикреплённый файл: image001.png (618.22 KBytes)
CML archive browser created by Pavel Gulchouck