|Ответить | Перейти к списку сообщений | Предыдущее сообщение | Следующее сообщение | Предыдущее в ветке | Следующее в ветке|
Cavers Mailing List № 16384
Fwd: News and announcements from NCKRI
Автор: Bulat Mavlyudov
Дата: 23 Jan 2017
-------- Пересылаемое сообщение --------
От кого: George Veni <>
Кому: George Veni <>
Дата: Понедельник, 23 января 2017, 0:34 -03:00
Тема: News and announcements from NCKRI
More news and announcements from NCKRI and its partners:
· International Congress of Speleology: the price goes up on 1 February!
· Study Abroad: Opportunity for Students to Study Karst in Bosnia
· Biospeleology Congress in Italy
· Geological Society of America: call for karst papers
· EuroSpeleo 2018
· List of Upcoming Cave and Karst Meetings
Please feel free to share this message with anyone who may be interested.
International Congress of Speleology: the price goes up on 1 February!
The 17th International Congress of Speleology, the world’s most significant speleological event, will be held in Sydney, Australia, on 23-29 July, 2017. But the price of registration goes up soon on 1 February. Full details are at https://www.speleo2017.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Speleo2017, where you’ll find a fabulous list of trips, talks, and events.
Save money on this must-attend event and register now at https://www.speleo2017.com/Register.html. If you have any difficulty with your registration or payment please don’t hesitate to contact the Registrations Manager (David) at who will be happy to assist.
Study Abroad: Opportunity for Students to Study Karst in Bosnia
Students!!!! Northern Arizona University is offering a study-abroad opportunity in Bosnia & Herzegovina: Characterization and Engineering of Karst Aquifers. It will be offered May 27 - June 14, 2017 but the registration deadline is 1 February 2017. For more information visit http://edabroad.nau.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=10627.
Biospeleology Congress in Italy
The ONG Natural Oasis, Sardinian Speleological Federation, University of Cagliari and University of Sassari are organizing a Biospeleology Congress in Cagliari, Italy, on 7-9 April 2017. More information is available at http://congressobiospeleo.wixsite.com/biospeleo2017
Geological Society of America: call for karst papers
It's time to submit proposals for Karst sessions for the 2017 GSA Meeting! The meeting will be held in Seattle, Washington on 22-25 October, and session proposals can submitted here. General information on the conference is at http://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Events/Annual_Meeting/GSA/Events/gsa2017.aspx.
The deadline for submitting topical sessions is February 1st, 2017 and the abstract submission window will open on April 1st, 2017.
It is important to know that the Karst Division Management Board has adjusted the way that abstracts and sessions will be managed at future meetings. Topical Sessions can still be proposed as before, but moving forward, researchers will also have the option of submitting their abstracts to one of five categories:
- Karst Hydrology and Geology
- Karst Processes and Speleology
- Karst Hazards and Monitoring
- Karst Sedimentary and Paleoclimate Records
- Karst Ecosystems and Biogeochemistry
This arrangement will ensure that there is always a welcome home at GSA Meetings for almost all forms of karst research, and it will help streamline the abstract submission and oral/poster scheduling process for karst sessions at future meetings. Please see the attached file for additional details.
This change was made in response to the growing number of abstracts being submitted for the GSA Annual Meeting, as well as the increasing number of attendees and scheduling complexities for the program. The Karst Division Management Board has worked with GSA and the Joint Technical Program Committee representatives to develop this new protocol in line with many of the other Divisions within GSA and we are hopeful that it will better serve our growing karst community.
Please let us know if you have any questions and we look forward to serving you and the Division in the coming year!
Thank you and best wishes,
GSA Karst Division Management Board
GSA Karst Div_Abs and Sess_Protocol 2017.pdf
The Austrian Speleological Association and Speleological Society of Ebensee welcome all cavers to the heart of Austria’s Salzkammergut Lake District for EuroSpeleo 2018. The meeting will be held on 23-26 August 2018. The motto of the conference is “Speleology—Connecting Science,” referring to the critical intersection of cave exploration with cave science. For more and upcoming information, visit http://eurospeleo.at/expo.html.
List of Upcoming Cave and Karst Meetings
1) Karst Waters Institute Awards Dinner for James Reddell, 4 March 2017 (San Marcos, Texas, USA), http://karstwaters.org/save-the-date-march-4th-2017-karst-award-to-james-reddell/
2) Hypogea 2017: International Congress of Speleology in Artificial Cavities, 6-10 March 2017 (Cappadocia, Turkey), www.hypogea2017.com-
3) Geological Society of America Northeast and North-Central Meeting Karst Sessions, 19-21 March 2017 (Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, USA), http://www.geosociety.org/nc-mtg
4) Biospeleology Congress, 7-9 April 2017 (Cagliari, Italy), http://congressobiospeleo.wixsite.com/biospeleo2017
5) Solution Mining Research Institute Technical Conference, 23-26 April 2017 (Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA), http://www.solutionmining.org/Conference/Details/9
6) US Geological Survey Karst Interest Group Meeting, 16-18 May 2017 (San Antonio, Texas, USA). Website to be posted soon.
7) III International Symposium of Speleology, 29 April – 1 May 2017 (Varenna, Villa Monastero – Lake Como, Italy), http://www.iss2017.it/.
8) Climate Record: The Karst Record VIII, 21-24 May 2017, (Austin, Texas, USA), http://sites.uci.edu/kr8conference/
9) 25th International Karstological School “Classical Karst”: Milestones and challenges in Karstology, 19-23 June 2017 (Postojna, Slovenia), http://iks.zrc-sazu.si
10) National Speleological Society Convention, 19-23 June 2017 (Rio Rancho, New Mexico, USA), http://nss2017.caves.org/
11) National Association of Mining History Organisations Conference 2017, 23-26 June 2017 (Godstone, Surrey, UK), http://namho2017.info/
12) 17th International Congress of Speleology, 23-30 July 2017 (Sydney, New South Wales, Australia), http://speleo2017.com/
13) Biospeleology Conference, 21-23 September 2017 (Seville, Spain), http://bioespeleologia.blogspot.com.es/2016/11/v-encuentro-iberico-de-biologia.html
14) Geological Society of America Convention, 22-25 October (Seattle, Washington, USA), http://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Events/Annual_Meeting/GSA/Events/gsa2017.aspx
15) National Cave and Karst Management Symposium, 16-20 October 2017 (Eureka Springs, Arkansas, USA), http://nckms.org/
16) International Conference on Geomorphology, 6-11 November 2017 (New Delhi, India), karst session: http://www.icg2017.com/session.php
17) The Sinkhole Conference, joint with the 3rd Appalachian Karst Symposium, 2-6 April 2018 (Shepherdstown, West Virginia, USA), http://www.sinkholeconference.com/
18) EuroSpeleo 2018, 23-26 August 2018 (Ebensee, Austria), http://eurospeleo.at/expo.html.
19) 24th International Conference on Subterranean Biology, 27-31 August 2018 (University of Aveiro, Portugal), website to be announced soon.
George Veni, PhD
National Cave and Karst Research Institute
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215 USA
CML archive browser created by Pavel Gulchouck