|Ответить | Перейти к списку сообщений | Предыдущее сообщение | Следующее сообщение | Предыдущее в ветке | Следующее в ветке|
Cavers Mailing List № 17515
Fwd: International Year of Caves and Karst partners update
Автор: Bulat Mavlyudov
Дата: 02 Mar 2021
-------- Пересылаемое сообщение --------
От кого: George Veni <>
Кому: George Veni <>
Дата: Вторник, 2 марта 2021, 9:08 +03:00
Тема: International Year of Caves and Karst partners update
Dear Partners of the International Year of Caves and Karst (IYCK),
Since our highly successful opening of the IYCK a little over a month ago, I thought I should update you at the start of each month throughout this wonderful year on our progress and news.
- The Opening Ceremonies were watched live by about 425 people and 6,559 people have watched them recorded.
- Our IYCK movies has been watched 5,417 times. These are excellent numbers and we have even more.
- You are one of 154 international and national partners! You are a highly impressive group. I encourage you to look at the IYCK Partners page (http://iyck2021.org/index.php/partners/) to see everyone involved and built new partnerships between yourselves to grow speleological exploration, understanding, and protection even further.
- We have 87 events announced and more are listed regularly. I encourage you to visit http://iyck2021.org/index.php/events/ and join them. Most are on-line and I’ve enjoyed and learned many things from those I’ve attended.
- Up to today, 27 events have already occurred. If you missed them, you can watch or read about them at http://iyck2021.org/index.php/event-results/.
- Remember, after you finish an event, send the results (links to lectures, news articles, or other reports) to Jasmina () so she can post them and we can prove the success of our year and importance of caves and karst!
- If you haven’t done so yet, remember to add the IYCK logo to your websites and IYCK activities. You can download it from the website’s download page. You are also free to make hats, shirts, stickers or other items with the logo to give away or sell, as long as they promote the IYCK.
Lastly, I have one important announcement below for those of you working with or near cave and karst biosphere reserves or with UNESCO Geoparks. The message is from CaveMAB, one of our partners. Please read below and join them if you can.
Thank you for your support and if you have questions or need anything from me or the UIS, please let me know.
CaveMAB Network #Together For Caves and Biosphere Reserves.
It is with much excitement that we invite speleologists, cavers, and cave lovers involved in biosphere reserves to join the CaveMAB Network and our celebration of the 50th Anniversary of UNESCO’s Man and the Biosphere Program in conjunction with the International Year of Caves and Karst . The CaveMAB Network was formed in 2018 in hopes to connect the people from the more than 150 biosphere reserves with cave and karst resources (pseudo-karst included!) in the World Network of Biosphere Reserves. Please visit our website https://cavemab.com/2021-2/ to explore how you can participate in #Together For Caves and Biosphere Reserves. Feel free to download the promotional materials available there and use them in related activities. We hope to create synergy among IYCK partners so our combined efforts have a broader reach.
One CaveMAB Network collaboration that has already occurred this year was our participation in the Opening Ceremony of the UIS IYCK. You can view the full ceremony here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4yud1bI1Hs, or our CaveMAB presentation at https://cavemab.com/let-us-celebrate-2021-togetherforcaves/. Please join us in our efforts to explore, understand, and protect.
George Veni, PhD
Executive Director, National Cave and Karst Research Institute (NCKRI)
President, International Union of Speleology (UIS)
NCKRI address (primary)
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220 USA
Titov trg 2
Postojna, 6230 Slovenia
CML archive browser created by Pavel Gulchouck