|Ответить | Перейти к списку сообщений | Предыдущее сообщение | Следующее сообщение | Предыдущее в ветке | Следующее в ветке|
Cavers Mailing List № 17131
Fwd: Cave and karst news and announcements from NCKRI
Автор: Bulat Mavlyudov
Дата: 04 Jun 2018
-------- Пересылаемое сообщение --------
От кого: George Veni <>
Кому: George Veni <>
Дата: Понедельник, 4 июня 2018, 5:42 +03:00
Тема: Cave and karst news and announcements from NCKRI
Below is the latest news from NCKRI and our colleagues around the world.
· Middle East Speleology Symposium IV and 8th Turkish National Cave Science Symposium: Call for Abstracts
· British Cave Research Association 29th Cave Science Symposium: Call for Abstracts
· Job Announcement: Research Engineer/Research Scientist/Sr. Research Scientist – Geology
· Balkan Cavers Camp: Registration is Open!
· Biospeleology and Theoretical & Applied Karstology Symposium: Romania
· List of Upcoming Cave and Karst Meetings
Please contact the people and organizations listed below for more information, and feel free to share this message with anyone who may be interested.
Middle East Speleology Symposium IV and 8th Turkish National Cave Science Symposium: Call for Abstracts
This fourth international meeting on speleology of the Middle East region and its surroundings will occur in Antalya, Turkey, from 29 September to 6 October 2018. Scientists and cavers from the region and beyond are invited to meet, discuss, and prepare for future ventures. Abstracts are due on 1 July 2018. For more information visit: http://mess4.com/.
British Cave Research Association 29th Cave Science Symposium: Call for Abstracts
The British Cave Research Association is pleased to announce details of the 29th Annual Cave Science Symposium. The Symposium will be hosted by Dr. David Richards of the School of Geographical Sciences, University of Bristol, on Saturday 13th October, 2018. A programme of presentations is being assembled that will be of interest to anyone wishing to know more about the underground environment. Further details will follow in later circulars, as well as via other BCRA news outlets.
This year’s symposium will feature a special session on Cave Archaeology and a keynote lecture by Prof. Alistair Pike (University of Southampton) dedicated to Neanderthal Cave Paintings. In addition, the symposium will include oral and poster presentations covering BCRA’s principal areas of interest. Following the symposium, an informal evening meal will be arranged for those who are interested. Details are to be announced.
Call for Abstracts
Abstracts are welcome for posters or oral presentations on any topic of cave or karst-based research, and these should be submitted by email no later than 31st August, 2018, to the lecture secretary, Gina Moseley gina.moseley[-at-]uibk.ac.at. Please include all authors with their affiliations, an email address for the primary author, and an abstract of up to 500 words (main text and references only). If you are intending to submit an abstract, Gina would appreciate you sending her an email with a preliminary title. Don’t worry, there is no commitment, but it helps her to compile a diverse and interesting programme.
Please register your interest in attending here (https://doodle.com/poll/4zib83s43fb3fc59). Registration will be finalised on the day and a small fee will be requested to cover refreshments.
The address for the venue is School of Geographical Sciences, University of Bristol, University Road, Bristol, BS8 1SS, United Kingdom. Further details on ‘where to find us’ are located here: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/geography/contact/
Please contact Dr. David Richards (david.richards[-at-]lbristol.ac.uk]) for details of the venue and local facilities in Bristol. Contact Gina Moseley (gina.moseley[-at-]uibk.ac.at) for details of the programme and for enquiries concerning oral or poster presentations.
All are welcome, and we look forward to seeing you at the symposium.
Job Announcement: Research Engineer/Research Scientist/Sr. Research Scientist - Geology
Job Summary (Job code: 15-01247): Work with existing staff to design, execute, and interpret groundwater and surface water models using standard codes (e.g., MODFLOW, FEFLOW). Support on-going and new work in the area of water resource analysis. Conduct independent and group project work, including presenting project results to clients and at scientific meetings. Contribute to business development activities in support of the water resource analysis area, including proposal development and direct client interaction.
Education/Experience: Requires a MS or Ph.D in Geology, Hydrology, Hydrogeology or Civil Engineering with at least a 3.0 GPA and 5 years of related experience. Experience in groundwater and surface water modeling for Texas and surrounding areas as well as karst hydrologic flow systems is required. Experience in the design, execution, and interpretation of groundwater and surface water models using standard codes (e.g., MODFLOW, FEFLOW) is required. Must be able to conduct independent research then present results at scientific meetings. Professional geologist registration in Texas (or ability to acquire) is desirable. Frequent travel will be required. A valid/clear driver's license is required.
Job Location: Southwest Research Institute, San Antonio, Texas, USA
For more information about this division, visit the Space Science & Engineering home page
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
For more information:
Ronald T. Green, Ph.D., P.G.
Earth Science Section
Space Science and Engineering Division
Southwest Research Institute
San Antonio, Texas 78238
Balkan Cavers Camp: Registration is Open!
The Romanian Speleological Federation will organize the 12th edition of BALKAN CAVER'S CAMP on 2-8 July 2018. The international meeting this year will include both the Romanian Speleological Congress and the "Speoarta" International Media Contest. The event will take place in Baru Mare, in the Haţeg County, with the support of the three famous parks: Retezat National Park, Geopark of Dinosaurs Haţeg Country - UNESCO international Geopark and Grădiştea Muncelului-Cioclovina Natural Park. Because this year we also celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of Emil Racovita, the founding father of international biospeleology and Romanian speleology, we plan this event to be a special one, bringing together personalities from around the world of caving.
For more information and to register, visit: https://www.balkancaverscamp.com/home.
Biospeleology and Theoretical & Applied Karstology Symposium: Romania
“Emil Racoviță” Institute of Speleology is honored by the Romanian Academy to organize the Biospeleology and Theoretical and Applied Karstology Symposium (BTAK Symposium), dedicated to the 150th anniversary of the birth Emil Racoviță, an event included in the UNESCO calendar of anniversary celebrations. The symposium is scheduled for 27-30 September 2018 at the Afrodita Resort & Spa, Băile Herculane, Romania.
It is our great privilege and pleasure to invite abstracts and attendance at this important meeting. For more information see: http://www.btak.iser.ro/index.html
List of Upcoming Cave and Karst Meetings
1) Characterization and Engineering of Karst Aquifers Workshop, 27 May – 5 June (Trebinje, Bosnia and Herzegovina), http://www.karst.edu.rs/
2) Karst 2018: Expect the Unexpected, 6-9 June (Trebinje, Bosnia and Herzegovina), http://www.karst.edu.rs/
Karst Field Studies Program, six different 5-6 day courses from 3 June to 10 August 2018 (Grand Canyon National Park and Mammoth Cave National Park, USA), www.karstfieldstudies.com
4) 8th International Workshop on Ice caves (IWIC-VIII), 11-16 June 2018 (Picos de Europa National Park, Spain), https://eventos.uva.es/go/iwic8.
5) 26th International Karstological School "Classical Karst", theme Show Caves and Science, 18-22 June 2018 (Postojna, Slovenia), website to be posted soon.
EuroKarst 2018, 2-6 July 2018 (Besançon, France), http://www.eurokarst.org/
Balkan Cavers Camp, 2-8 July 2018 (Romania), http://www.frspeo.ro/event/balkan-camp-congresul-national-de-speologie-speoarta-2018/
8) 18th International Vulcanospeleology Symposium, 21-27 July 2018 (Lava Beds National Monument, California, USA), http://18ivslavabeds.com/
International Training Camp for Young Speleologists, 28 July to 11 August 2018 (Swabian Alb, Germany), http://www.juhoefola.de/english.html
BERGER 2018 "Clean deep", 29 July – 20 August 2018 (Vercors, France), http://cds39.fr/BFC/B18/
11) 2018 US National Speleological Society Convention, 30 July - 3 August 2018 (Helena, Montana, USA), http://nss2018.caves.org/
12) EuroSpeleo Forum 2018, 23-26 August 2018 (Ebensee, Austria), http://eurospeleo.at/expo.html
13) 24th International Conference on Subterranean Biology, 20-24 August 2018 (University of Aveiro, Portugal), http://24icsb.web.ua.pt/.
14) International Association of Hydrogeologists Congress, with Topic 7: Advances in Karst and Fractured-rock Hydrogeology, 9-14 September 2018 (Daejeon, South Korea), http://iah2018.org/
24th International Cave Bear Symposium, 27-30 September 2018 (Chepelare, Bulgaria), http://icbs2018.at
16) Biospeleology and Theoretical & Applied Karstology Symposium, 27-30 September 2018 (Băile Herculane, Romania), http://www.btak.iser.ro/index.html
18) Middle Eastern Speleological Symposium, 3-6 October 2018 (Antalya, Turkey),
19) 8th Congress of the International Show Caves Association, 12-18 October 2018 (Genga, Italy), http://www.i-s-c-a.com/event/68-8th-isca-congress
20) 16th International Symposium of Speleotherapy, 24-28 October 2018 (Zlate Hory, Czech Republic), http://www.speleotherapycommission.webgarden.com/menu/news/the-xvi-th-international
21) 1st Columbian Speleological Congress and 8th Congress of FEALC (Federation of Latin American and Caribbean Speleological Associations), 6-10 November 2018 (San Gil, Columbia), http://sociedadcolombianadegeologia.org/i-congreso-colombiano-de-espeleologia-y-viii-congreso-espeleologico-de-america-latina-y-el-caribe/
Hypogea 2019: The International Congress of Speleology in Artificial Cavities, 20-25 May 2019 (Dobrich, Bulgaria), http://www.hypogea2019.org/
25) National Speleological Congress of Switzerland, 9-12 August 2019 (Interlaken, Switzerland), https://sinterlaken.ch/en/
ArmConference 2019: Caves as Natural and Cultural Monuments, 11-13 September 2019 (Yerevan, Armenia), http://armconference2019.com/
27) 18th International Congress of Speleology, 23-29 July 2021 (Lyon, France), http://uis2021.speleos.fr/
George Veni, PhD
President, International Union of Speleology
National Cave and Karst Research Institute
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215 USA
CML archive browser created by Pavel Gulchouck