|Ответить | Перейти к списку сообщений | Предыдущее сообщение | Следующее сообщение | Предыдущее в ветке | Следующее в ветке|
Cavers Mailing List № 17568
Fwd: Cave and karst news and announcements from NCKRI
Автор: Bulat Mavlyudov
Дата: 20 Aug 2021
-------- Пересылаемое сообщение --------
От кого: George Veni <>
Кому: George Veni <>
Дата: Воскресенье, 15 августа 2021, 22:28 +03:00
Тема: Cave and karst news and announcements from NCKRI
These news messages share information from NCKRI and our friends around the world with thousands of people interested in caves and karst. Our address list includes the addresses for several national organizations where our messages reach all their members in those countries. With this message, we add a new country to that list. The Moroccan Explorers Club asked to receive these messages for their members. We are happy to include them and to help advertise their 2nd national congress (see below). If any other organizations would like these NCKRI messages to go directly to your list of members, please contact me and I will add you. Remember, NCKRI does not sell or share its list to protect your information.
We do not have many announcements this time but are happy to share the following from our friends around the world:
The International Year of Caves and Karst: Celebration at UNESCO Update
- Lands of Karst Published! Free download
Conferences and Meetings
- 2nd National Moroccan Caving Congress: Karst, Arts, Spéléologie et enjeaux de développement
- Announcing EuroKarst 2022: Malaga, Spain
- List of Upcoming Cave and Karst Meetings
Please contact the people and organizations listed below for more information, and feel free to share this message with anyone who may be interested.
The International Year of Caves and Karst: Celebration at UNESCO Update
The International Year of Caves and Karst is organized by the International Union of Speleology (UIS) to celebrate caves and karst internationally and teach the world about their importance. The most important celebration is speleological history will occur on 13 September 2021 (originally announced as 14 September but changed) in Paris, France, where the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has invited the UIS to celebrate at UNESCO Headquarters!
Final details are being developed, but we now know this will be a hybrid celebration to include speakers who cannot attend in person, plus live streaming of the celebration. Following UNESCO and COVID restrictions, live attendees will be primarily governmental ambassadors, which is a major opportunity to teach them directly about caves and karst so they can take the information back to their countries. Please encourage your UNESCO representatives to attend!
The International Year currently has 231 partner organizations from 49 countries. We encourage them and everyone interested in caves and karst to see this UNESCO celebration as opportunity to validate their work with their governments and partners as valuable and of global significance. While everyone cannot be in Paris, everyone will be able to watch the celebration live or recorded on YouTube. Please share the celebration to build stronger partnerships and respect for your work. There has never been a greater chance to elevate the value of caves internationally!
YouTube links and more updates will be posted as soon as they become available.
For more information about the International Year, visit the website (www.iyck2021.org), UIS Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/uisspeleo), UIS Twitter account (https://twitter.com/uisspeleo), and/or the UIS Instagram page (https://www.instagram.com/uisspeleo/). We welcome your organization to join our more than 200 International Year partners (http://iyck2021.org/index.php/partners/) and to announce your International Year events and activities at http://iyck2021.org/index.php/events/.
President, International Union of Speleology
Executive Director, National Cave and Karst Research Institute
Lands of Karst Published! Free download
A book of nice photographs, “The Lands of Karst. A Visual Story” has just been published and is available for free download on our website: http://www.karst.edu.rs/en/. It is a contribution to the International Year of Caves and Karst declared by the International Union of Speleology and supported by UNESCO and numerous institutions and organizations.
The book comprises several hundred color photographs from six Lands of Karst - Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, and North Macedonia, which had been recorded by more than 70 geologists, speleologists, biologists, archaeologists, mountaineers, professional photographers or simply amateurs—karst and cave lovers.
The editors of this story are Neven Kresic and Zoran Stevanović, who following the rule “a picture is worth a thousand words” prepared very short informative texts for 10 chapters featuring photographs of noisy rivers, wild mountains, silent lakes, the sea, limestone walls, rough surfaces, fountains of life, and windows to unknown, magic chambers, underground creatures, wildlife, and past and present human inhabitants.
You are welcome to step with us into Our Worlds, The Lands of Karst!
For a printed copy for those that want to hold the book in their hands, go to: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578890496?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860
2nd National Moroccan Caving Congress: Karst, Arts, Spéléologie et enjeaux de développement
This second edition of the Moroccan National Congress of Speleology will occur on 19-21 November 2021. It will be organized by the Moroccan Explorers Society at the Faculty of Sciences, Oujda, Morocco, It will be both a virtual and in-person event. This congress aims to open the debate on the importance of the natural heritage, in particular the geological in Morocco, as a pillar of sustainable development and to create an informative summary to support decisionmakers to adopt the best approach to management, protect, and preserve this heritage.
For more information contact via email: or , or visit the website: http://speleomaroc.com
Announcing EuroKarst 2022: Malaga, Spain
EuroKarst, the European Congress on Karst Hydrogeology and Carbonate Reservoirs, is an international forum for scientific debate on the progress made in research into karst environments. The main objective of this 3" Eurokarst is to discuss and disseminate the latest trends in research into karst aquifers and water resources based on the results obtained with different methodologies in karst terrains worldwide. It is organized in cooperation with International Association of Hydrogeologists this meeting is scheduled by 22-25 June 2022 in Malaga, Spain. The conference will include a field trip, the training course HYDROKARST. and a meeting of the European KARMA (Karst Aquifer Resources in the Mediterranean Area) project.
Abstracts for the conference are due by 15 October 2021 on the following themes:
- Karst Hydrogeology: water resources assessment, groundwater pollution and protection.
- Methods to study karst aquifers: based on hydrodynamic, hydrochemistry, isotopes, dye tracing, geophysical surveys and modelling techniques.
- Karst Geomorphology and Landscape.
- Mining and Engineering in karst media: mining and large structures (tunnels, dams, etc.)
- Karst cavities: touristic caves, natural heritage.
For all the details, visit http://www.eurokarst.org/
List of Upcoming Cave and Karst Meetings
If you are interested in any of the following events, contact the organizers directly to learn if they are still planned as announced below.
1) 34th International Geographical Congress karst sessions: Global Karst Critical Zone and Land Use Planning in Karst, 16-20 August 2021 (Istanbul, Turkey), https://www.igc2020.org/en/KARST%20COMMISSION.html
2) International Association of Hydrogeologists 47th Congress, 22-27 August 2021 (São Paulo, Brazil), https://iah2021brazil.org/en/
3) 19th International Symposium on Vulcanospeleology, 28 August - 3 September 2021 (Catania, Italy), http://www.19isvetna.com/
4) ALCADI 2020: International Symposium on History of Speleology and Karstology (ALps, CArpathians and DInarides), 3-5 September 2021 (Gorizia, Italy), contact:
5) International Association of Hydrogeologists 48th Congress, 6-10 September 2021 (Brussels, Belgium), https://iah2021belgium.org/
6) Fort Stanton Cave Science Conference, September 2021 (Socorro, New Mexico, USA), https://geoinfo.nmt.edu/FtStanton/home.cfm
8) Geological Society of America Convention, 10-13 October 2021 (Portland, Oregon, USA), https://community.geosociety.org/gsa2021/home
9) National Caves Association Convention, 10-14 October 2021 (Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri, USA), http://members.cavern.com/Content/Convention/Convention%20Registration%20Form%202021.pdf
10) US Geological Survey Karst Interest Group Meeting, 19-21 October 2021 (Nashville, Tennessee, USA), https://www.usgs.gov/mission-areas/water-resources/science/karst-interest-group-kig-2020-workshop?qt-science_center_objects=0#qt-science_center_objects
12) Visual KARSYS Online Course, 20-21 October 2021, https://www.visualkarsys.com/
14) Speleo Kamaraton, 29 October – 1 November 2021 (Marina di Camerota, Salerno, Italy), http://www.speleokamaraton.eu/
15) 23rd National Cave and Karst Management Symposium, 1-5 November 2021 (San Marcos, Texas, USA), https://symposium2021.nckms.org/
16) XV Mexican National Congress of Speleology, 29 October to 2 November 2021 (Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico), https://umae.org/congreso2021/.
17) European Cave Rescue Association Meeting, postponed to late spring or November 2021 (Cantabria, Spain), https://caverescue.eu/ecra-meeting-2020-cantabria-spain/
18) Conference of the Arabian Journal of Geosciences, Cave and Karst Session, 25-28 November 2021 (Istanbul, Turkey), https://www.cajg.org/
19) Karst Record IX (KR9) Conference, postponed to 2022 (Innsbruck, Austria), https://www.uibk.ac.at/congress/kr9/
21) 36th Brazilian Congress of Speleology, 3-6 June 2022 (Brasilia, Brazil), http://36cbe.org.br/
22) EuroKarst 2022: The European Congress on Karst Hydrogeology and Carbonate Reservoirs, 22-25 June 2022 (Málaga, Spain), http://www.eurokarst.org/
23) 18th International Congress of Speleology, 24-31 July 2022 (Savoie Technolac, Le Bourget du Lac, Savoie, France), http://uis2021.speleos.fr/
24) 19th International Congress of Speleology, July 2025 (Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil), for preliminary information see volume 63-1 of the UIS Bulletin at http://uis-speleo.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/uisb631.pdf
George Veni, PhD
Executive Director, National Cave and Karst Research Institute (NCKRI)
President, International Union of Speleology (UIS)
NCKRI address (primary)
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220 USA
Titov trg 2
Postojna, 6230 Slovenia
CML archive browser created by Pavel Gulchouck