|Ответить | Перейти к списку сообщений | Предыдущее сообщение | Следующее сообщение | Предыдущее в ветке | Следующее в ветке|
Cavers Mailing List № 17250
Fwd: Cave and karst news and announcements from NCKRI
Автор: Bulat Mavlyudov
Дата: 27 Dec 2018
-------- Пересылаемое сообщение --------
От кого: "George Veni"
Кому: "George Veni"
Дата: Четверг, 27 декабря 2018, 7:15 +03:00
Тема: Cave and karst news and announcements from NCKRI
Once a year we extend these news announcements to our friends of the US
National Cave and Karst Research Institute (NCKRI) who don’t normally receive
The reason for including them is to send our latest annual report, which can
be downloaded through the first announcement below. If any of you wishes to
begin receiving these news announcements regularly, please let me know. They
are sent 1-2 times a month,
there is no cost, and NCKRI does not sell its mailing list.
Keep in mind that while the NCKRI offices are closed until 2 January, we hope
your holidays are continuing splendidly and that you enjoy a wonderful New
Year. Here are the cave and karst news and announcements of this final NCKRI
message of the year:
* NCKRI’s 2017-2018 Annual Report Now Available!
* Summer internships at Carlsbad Caverns National Park, USA
* VII International Photo Contest on Cave-Dwelling Flora and Fauna
* Announcing: 27 th International Karstological School “Classical Karst”,
* PhD Student Research Opportunity: Croatia
* List of Upcoming Cave and Karst Meetings
Please contact the people and organizations listed below for more information,
and feel free to share this message with anyone who may be interested.
NCKRI’s 2017-2018 Annual Report Now Available!
NCKRI’s latest annual report covers the period from 1 July 2017 to 30 June
2018. We welcome all of our friends to download it and learn about our
and other activities during that year. If you’re in Carlsbad or at one of the
conferences where we have a booth, please come by and get a printed copy.
Otherwise, you can download a digital copy from
You will also find all of NCKRI’s publications at this online location. They
are all available for free download. Please look around there. You’ll find
more annual reports
plus technical studies, research monographs, and a variety of conference
proceedings to download. We expect everyone interested in caves and karst will
find something helpful and interesting.
Summer internships at Carlsbad Caverns National Park, USA
We are pleased to announce that Carlsbad Caverns National Park has openings
for two Natural Resource Management interns for summer 2019 through the
and Mosaics in Science internship programs. The interns will assist in
assessing impact to the park's world-class cave resources through impact
mapping, photo monitoring, and more. They will get first-hand experience with
a wide range of resource-related
projects, work with public cave program volunteers, and broaden their skills
through interaction with the numerous researchers conducting studies within
the park. This is a great opportunity to become intimately familiar with an
outstanding caving area and
join a dynamic team that is passionate about protecting cave resources.
We encourage cavers and cave scientists to apply. For more information, see:
Geoscientists-in-the-Parks (GIP) Internship
Dates: 5/20/2019-10/7/2018 (20 weeks)
Mosaics in Science Diversity Internship
Dates: 5/20/2019-8/8/2019 (12 weeks)
Physical Science Technician
Carlsbad Caverns National Park
3225 National Parks Highway
Carlsbad, NM 88220
[As a reminder, at the time this message is being sent the US federal
government is closed and National Park Service employees will not be available
to answer questions
until the government reopens.]
VII International Photo Contest on Cave-Dwelling Flora and Fauna
Announcing the VII International Photo Contest on Cave-Dwelling Flora and
Thanks for the disclosure and participation.
Grupo de Espeleología de Villacarrillo (G.E.V.)
Plaza 28 de Febrero, nº 5, 1º-2ª; 23300 Villacarrillo (Jaén, SPAIN)
Biospeleology Blog: http://bioespeleologia.blogspot.com.es/
Announcing: 27 th International Karstological School “Classical Karst”,
You are cordially invited to participate at the 27 th International
Karstological School Classical Karst”: Karst Hydrogeology - Research Trends
and Applications from
the 17 th to 21 rd June 2017 in Postojna, Slovenia.
Abstracts in English are submitted at the registration.
More information is available on http://iks.zrc-sazu.si
Karst Research Institute ZRC SAZU
Titov trg 2
T: +386 5 700 1900
F: +386 5 700 1999
Organizacijski odbor Mednarodne krasoslovne šole "Klasični kras"
Organizing Committee of the International Karstological School "Classical
Inštitut za raziskovanje krasa ZRC SAZU / Karst Research Institute at ZRC
Titov trg 2, 6230 Postojna, Slovenija
T: +386 5 700 19 00, Fax: +386 5 700 19 99
PhD Student Research Opportunity: Croatia
Potential PhD student is expected to join the international team of
researchers at the University of Zagreb within the research project
"Inter-comparison of karst denudation
measurement methods" (KADEME) financed by Croatian Science Foundation.
Within 4 years PhD student will work on monitoring and modeling of CO 2
concentrations and its transfer from soil to karst underground. Therefore, we
encourage candidates with interest in geochemistry, monitoring and modeling.
To apply, the call is open until January 14 th 2019.
More details can be found on: euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/363776
or contact Kristina Krklec
Posted on behalf of:
Kristina Krklec, PhD, Assistant Professor
University of Zagreb; Faculty of Agriculture; Department of Soil Science
10000 Zagreb, Svetošimunska 25, Croatia
List of Upcoming Cave and Karst Meetings
1) General Assembly and 79 th Anniversary Celebration of the
Speleological Society of Cuba ,
17-20 January 2019 (Cienfuegos Province, Cuba), for more information contact
2) XIV National Congress of Speleology , 1-4 February 2019
3) 1 st Colloquium on the Caves of Azé , 9-10 March 2019
(Saône-et-Loire, France), for more information, contact:
4) 2019 SAGEEP Geohazards Conference of the Environmental and
Engineering Geophysical Society (EEGS) ,
17-21 March 2019 (Portland, Oregon, USA), will include a Karst and Sinkholes
Session, https://www.sageep.org/ .
5) Hypogea 2019: The I nternational Congress of Speleology in
Artificial Cavities ,
20-25 May 2019 (Dobrich, Bulgaria), http://www.hypogea2019.org/
6) 48th French National Speleo Congress , 7-10 June 2019 (La Ciotat,
Marseille, France), https://www.facebook.com/FFSpeleologie/
7) International Association of Hydrogeologists Karst Commission
Geo Trip: Carpathian Karst ,
15-18 June 2019 (Romania and Serbia), www.karst.edu.rs .
8) 27 th International Karstological School "Classical karst": Karst
Hydrogeology - Research Trends and Applications , 17-21 June
2019 (Postojna, Slovenia), http://iks.zrc-sazu.si/en/
9) National Speleological Society Convention , 17-21 June 2019
Tennessee, USA), http://nss2019.subworks.com/ .
10) 35 th Brazilian Speleological Congress and 50 th Anniversary of the
Brazilian Speleological Society ,
19-22 June 2019, ( Bonito, Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil), website to be
11) Man and Karst Conference , 24-26 June 2019 (Ragusa, Sicily,
12) Symposium on Caves, Karst, and Subterranean Environments: Cuba ,
1-5 July 2019
(Havana, Cuba), http://www.cubambiente.com/
13) National Speleological Congress of Switzerland , 9-12 August 2019
14) 4th Summer School on Speleothem Science ,
11-17 August 2019 (Cluj-Napoca, Romania), https://www.speleothemschool.com/
15) German Annual Speleo Meeting ,15-18 August 2019 (Nesselwang,
Bavaria, Germany), www.vdhk.de
16) 3 rd Asian TransKarst Conference , early September 2019 (Bohol,
Philippines), exact dates and website to be announced soon.
17) ArmConference 2019: Caves as Natural and Cultural Monuments ,
September 2019 (Yerevan, Armenia), http://armconference2019.com/
18) Geological Society of America Convention , 22-25 September 2019
19) 13 th EuroSpeleo Forum , 23-26 September
2019 (Sofia, Bulgaria), website to be announced soon.
20) 46 th IAH Congress “Groundwater Management and Governance Coping
with Water Scarcity” (Topic 7: Karst Hydrogeology), 23-27 September 2019
(Malaga, Spain), http://www.iah2019.org/topics-and-sessions/
21) National Cave and Karst Management Symposium , 7-11 October 2019
22) 16 th Multidisciplinary Conference on the Engineering and
Environmental Impacts of Karst ,
20-24 April 2020 (San Juan, Puerto Rico), www.sinkholeconference.com
23) 19 th International Symposium on Vulcanospeleology , 29
August – 5 September 2020 (Catania, Italy), http://www.19isvetna.com/
24) 18 th International Congress of Speleology , 23-29 July
2021 (Lyon, France), http://uis2021.speleos.fr/
George Veni, PhD
Executive Director, National Cave and Karst Research Institute (NCKRI)
President, International Union of Speleology (UIS)
NCKRI address (primary)
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220 USA
Titov trg 2
Postojna, 6230, Slovenia
CML archive browser created by Pavel Gulchouck