|Ответить | Перейти к списку сообщений | Предыдущее сообщение | Следующее сообщение | Предыдущее в ветке | Следующее в ветке|
Cavers Mailing List № 16412
Fwd: Cave and Karst News from NCKRI
Автор: Bulat Mavlyudov
Дата: 13 Feb 2017
-------- Пересылаемое сообщение --------
От кого: George Veni <>
Кому: George Veni <>
Дата: Воскресенье, 12 февраля 2017, 20:41 -03:00
Тема: Cave and Karst News from NCKRI
This week’s announcements from NCKRI and our friends are:
· Karst Interest Group Meeting: Registration is Open
· Post-Karst Interest Group Activity
· 44th International Association of Hydrogeologists Congress, Dubrovnik, Croatia
· International Clean-up of Gouffre Berger, France
· Man and Karst 2017 International Scientific Meeting, Zadar, Croatia
· 5th International Contest of Children’s Drawings: "Caves in the Eyes of our Children"
· List of Upcoming Cave and Karst Meetings
As always, feel free to share this message and please contact the people and organizations listed below for more information.
Karst Interest Group Meeting: Registration is Open
ALSO NOTE THAT THERE IS HOTEL INFORMATION AT THIS WEBSITE
Tuesday and Wednesday technical sessions are at different locations at UTSA (campus map available on this webpage)
Post-Karst Interest Group Activity
Dr. E. Scott Bair, Professor Emeritus at Ohio State University will be the Edwards Aquifer Authority’s 22nd Distinguished Lecture Speaker on Friday, May 19, 2017. The lecture will begin at 9 am and will end around 4:00 pm.
The lecture is titled Who Done It? Investigative Insights and Answers to Three Groundwater Mysteries. One of the subjects of Dr. Bair’s talk is a hazardous waste site in Woburn, Massachusetts which became nationally known because of a book and movie titled “A Civil Action.” Dr. Bair will be discussing his evaluation and findings of the Woburn site along with work he has performed over his career.
Dr. Bair has taught courses in earth science, water resources, environmental geology, speleology, petroleum geology, hydrogeology, field methods, and groundwater flow modeling. 1n 1991, he received the Ohio State award for teaching excellence. He also served six years as department chair and has worked on projects for the Ohio DNR, Ohio EPA, NSF, USEPA, USDOE, USDA< USGS, and OSU.
Dr. Bair is a fellow of the Geological Society of America, recipient of its Birdsall-Dreiss Distinguished Lecturer, and former chair of its Hydrogeology Division.
To register for the event please visit the website below.
If you have any questions about the EAA Distinguished lecture, please feel free to contact Rachel Mitchell or Geary Schindel at 210.222.2204.
44th International Association of Hydrogeologists Congress, Dubrovnik, Croatia
The 44th Congress of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH) Congress will be held on 25-29 September 2017 in Dubrovnik, Croatia,
The abstract submission deadline is 15 March 2017. The IAH Karst Commission will award its Young Karst Researcher Prizes at this congress. The Karst Commission meeting is scheduled for the evening of Tuesday, September 26th. Karst hydrogeology is one of the main topics of this congress, and several keynote lectures will address karst-related research topics (two of the five keynote lecturers are Karst Commission members). For more information and to register, visit http://iah2017.org/.
International Clean-up of Gouffre Berger, France
The Gouffre Berger is the world’s first cave explored to a depth of more than 1,000 m. It is located in southern France in the fabulous Vercors karst.
Speleologists from all countries are invited to participate in the international event "BERGER 2017" for the cleaning of Gouffre Berger on 1-15 August 2017.
For more Information visit: http://cds39.fr/BFC/index.
Man and Karst 2017 International Scientific Meeting, Zadar, Croatia
Man and Karst 2017 is being organized to occur on 26-29 June 2017 in Zadar, Croatia. The Karst Commissions of the International Association of Hydrogeologists and International Geophysical Union are co-organizing this scientific meeting. For the more information, including the conference circular, visit: https://manandkarst2017.wixsite.com/manandkarst2017
5th International Contest of Children’s Drawings: "Caves in the Eyes of our Children"
The Ukrainian Speleological Association (UkrSA), the Editors’ board of UkrSA’s The Light magazine, and UkrSA Commission Children and Cave" invite young artists to take part in the 5th International Contest of Children’s Drawings: "Caves in the Eyes of our Children".
For more information visit: speleogenesis.info/community/blog/post/?id=International-Contest-of-Kid%E2%80%99s-Drawing-_Caves-in-the-Eyes-of-our-Children_-
List of Upcoming Cave and Karst Meetings
1) Karst Waters Institute Awards Dinner for James Reddell, 4 March 2017 (San Marcos, Texas, USA), http://karstwaters.org/save-the-date-march-4th-2017-karst-award-to-james-reddell/
2) Hypogea 2017: International Congress of Speleology in Artificial Cavities, 6-10 March 2017 (Cappadocia, Turkey), www.hypogea2017.com-
3) Geological Society of America Northeast and North-Central Meeting Karst Sessions, 19-21 March 2017 (Pittsburg, Pennsylvania, USA), http://www.geosociety.org/nc-mtg
4) Biospeleology Congress, 7-9 April 2017 (Cagliari, Italy), http://congressobiospeleo.wixsite.com/biospeleo2017
5) Solution Mining Research Institute Technical Conference, 23-26 April 2017 (Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA), http://www.solutionmining.org/Conference/Details/9
6) US Geological Survey Karst Interest Group Meeting, 16-18 May 2017 (San Antonio, Texas, USA). http://geologyutsa.wixsite.com/sgsutsa/karst-interest-group-workshop.
7) III International Symposium of Speleology, 29 April – 1 May 2017 (Varenna, Villa Monastero – Lake Como, Italy), http://www.iss2017.it/eng/.
8) Climate Record: The Karst Record VIII, 21-24 May 2017, (Austin, Texas, USA), http://sites.uci.edu/kr8conference/
9) 25th International Karstological School “Classical Karst”: Milestones and challenges in Karstology, 19-23 June 2017 (Postojna, Slovenia), http://iks.zrc-sazu.si
10) National Speleological Society Convention, 19-23 June 2017 (Rio Rancho, New Mexico, USA), http://nss2017.caves.org/
11) National Association of Mining History Organisations Conference 2017, 23-26 June 2017 (Godstone, Surrey, UK), http://namho2017.info/
12) Man and Karst 2017 International Scientific Meeting, 26-29 June (Zadar, Croatia), https://manandkarst2017.wixsite.com/manandkarst2017
13) 17th International Congress of Speleology, 23-30 July 2017 (Sydney, New South Wales, Australia), http://speleo2017.com/
14) International Clean-up of Gouffre Berger, 1-15 August 2017 (Vercors, France), http://cds39.fr/BFC/index.
15) Biospeleology Conference, 21-23 September 2017 (Seville, Spain), http://bioespeleologia.blogspot.com.es/2016/11/v-encuentro-iberico-de-biologia.html
16) 44th International Association of Hydrogeologists Congress, 25-29 September 2017 (Dubrovnik, Croatia), http://iah2017.org/
17) Geological Society of America Convention, 22-25 October (Seattle, Washington, USA), http://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Events/Annual_Meeting/GSA/Events/gsa2017.aspx
18) National Cave and Karst Management Symposium, 16-20 October 2017 (Eureka Springs, Arkansas, USA), http://nckms.org/
19) International Conference on Geomorphology, 6-11 November 2017 (New Delhi, India), karst session: http://www.icg2017.com/session.php
20) The Sinkhole Conference, joint with the 3rd Appalachian Karst Symposium, 2-6 April 2018 (Shepherdstown, West Virginia, USA), http://www.sinkholeconference.com/
21) EuroSpeleo 2018, 23-26 August 2018 (Ebensee, Austria), http://eurospeleo.at/expo.html.
22) 24th International Conference on Subterranean Biology, 20-24 August 2018 (University of Aveiro, Portugal), website to be announced soon.
George Veni, PhD
National Cave and Karst Research Institute
400-1 Cascades Avenue
Carlsbad, New Mexico 88220-6215 USA
CML archive browser created by Pavel Gulchouck